Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The next step

Yesterday the nurse called to let me know that my estradiol levels came back low, as they should be. So, that cyst is nothing to be too concerned about. I'm to continue with the estrogen supplements daily and I will have another ultrasound/blood work January 30th to see how things are progressing. The tentative date of transfer, should things progress on schedule, is Friday, Feb 8th.

Our prayer list is:
1) that ALL 3 embryos will thaw successfully and begin to divide and develop normally.
2) the drugs I'm taking will do what they are supposed to do (but not to excess like before) :) and that Curtis can give me the big shots in the hip without too much drama.
3) that the transfer will go smoothly
4) that the transfer will be successful despite the 25-30% statistic

Curtis and I were talking about how so far I have not met expectations on statistics. Dr. Jarrett expected my ovaries to not stimulate adequately when they actually OVERSTIMULATED. Also, the ICSI is supposed to be a sure thing for fertilization. NONE of those took and 6/7 of the others did which statistically should only be 60% success. We continue to be reminded that GOD is in control here and truly statics don't matter. So, that being said, we are prayerful that we defy the statistics again by achieving success despite the low odds. Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers. They continue to bless us daily!

3 comments:

IndyBarnes said...

It sounds like things are going well. Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

We'll continue to watch as the Lord brings glory to His name throughout this process.

Anonymous said...

Oh good...now i know what to pray for!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

we're definitely praying for you! thanks for the updates!