First Ultrasound
Today I had my first ultrasound to see how effective the meds are at stimulating my ovaries to produce eggs. The nurse checked the uterine lining to see if it is thickening adequately, and it is. :) Also she checked the ovaries for developing follicles (which SHOULD contain eggs). My left ovary had about 10 including a few larger ones that were measured and 7-8 smaller ones that are still growing. My right ovary only had about 4 follicles. We expected the right ovary to be less reactive than the left due to the endometrioma cyst that was removed during my laparoscopic surgery. So, basically, things are progressing as they should be! Praise the Lord! The follicles are about 12x10 - 12x14 mm right now and mature size is 18x18.
I also had blood work done to check my estridol, progesterone, LH and FSH (I think). All this information was then given to Dr. Jarrett who determined that I should continue with my current dosage of FSH and return for another ultrasound and bloodwork on Friday. And so we go on..... The injections have gotten better by the way. I'm no longer getting light headed or passing out, but it still is a little unnerving. Oh well, just a few more days. Here is a glimpse at my poor stomach. Hence the title of this blog! I'm just grateful that my body seems to be responding to the meds as it should. That was my first prayer through all this. Our 2nd prayer is for this IVF to be SUCCESSFUL the 1ST time. Well, that is the latest news. I'll let you know how the 2nd ultrasound goes on Friday.
2 comments:
Yay! Great News! Hoping for more great news on Friday. Love the blog : )
Sharon
I'm so glad things are going as well as possible right now. We're praying that things continue to stay that way. Thanks for updating us all.
Post a Comment