A journey through our IVF cycles and the pin cushion I became with numerous self injections, blood draws, procedures etc. And now. . . the journery through parenthood!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
3rd Ultrasound
This morning I went in at 8am for another blood draw and ultrasound. I have about 17 follicles with 12 on the left and 5 on the right. They are getting quite large at this point. We were feeling discouraged when we left just anticipating that this cycle would be cancelled. Then early this afternoon the nurse called and said that my hormone levels were continuing to get higher. Dr Jarrett decided that we have two options. We could cancel this cycle and let my ovaries quite down and then try again. OR we could go through with the retrival and fertilization and freeze them all. Then in a month do a frozen transfer. We can't go through with the transfer now because I am at high risk for ovarian hyperstimulation which can lead to some bad things including hospitalization and at worst death. Definitely don't want to risk that. We've thought it through and think that finanically and physically the frozen transfer would probably be our best bet. It's discouraging to think about having spent 3K on drugs and having given myself injections for a month for NOTHING. That's what it would be if we cancelled. So we'll try the frozen transfer and pray for the best. So that is the plan. I go in for retrival on Monday morning at 10:30. We'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment