Today the IVF lab called and left us a message that they had an update and to call them back. We wondered what in the world could they have to update us about since all the embryos were frozen last Tuesday. I called them back and they informed me that one of the eggs that didn't fertilize right away ended up fertilizing later. It then actually grew up to the blastocyst stage and even to the point of differentiating into cells that will form the baby and the placenta. They then froze that embryo today. She was calling to inform me of all this. So, I guess we have 6 total embryos frozen. The first 5 were frozen at the pronuclear stage just prior to any cell divisions. At the point that they thaw, they should continue to divide and develop. Here's hoping and praying!
I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Jarrett for January 21st to discuss protocol for the frozen transfer (FET). We are remaining hopeful. . . . . .
2 comments:
Yeah!
We're glad you are staying positive. We're excited for you.
Post a Comment