Saturday, December 29, 2007

Starting FSH

This morning I woke up 30 minutes early to allow time to get ready for work AND give myself the FSH injections. It was a little intimidating mixing the meds and hoping that I was doing it right. With injection in hand, I psyched myself up to do it. Because the needle was so small, it took time to plunger all the medication in. A couple minutes later I began to feel lightheaded, had to sit down and even felt like I might pass out or vomit or both. Eventually the feeling passed. I think I just freaked myself out and also having the needle penetrated for so long. Needles and I don't get along well as it is. . . . But, that is one thing I will have to get over with this IVF thing.

Yesterday we had a counseling appointment to discuss our IVF plans. It felt good to talk to someone not connected to our situation. It also felt good to have someone affirm us in our current methods of communication and stress management.

I think it's easy to become emotionally stressed with the whole IVF process, but I'm trying to remain somewhat emotionally "disconnected" and not to get my hopes up- although that is very hard to do. The whole journey is in His hands. We just have to be OK with God's plans, whatever they are.. . . Thanks for your ongoing prayers.

2 comments:

IndyBarnes said...

We are excited for you guys. It will only get easier as the time goes on. Hang in there God is so much bigger than infertility issues and when you look back in a few years you'll be amazed at how the Lord has used this time to bring you closer to Him and eachother.

Debbie Hufferd said...

I wondered where you were in the process. I have been thinking of you often. Keep us posted. You are both in my thoughts and prayers ...