Friday, May 9, 2008

Transfer



This morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to get to my acupuncture appointment by 6:15. That appointment was wonderfully relaxing. I was done by 7 and had time to kill before the transfer at 7:45. So, we went to Le Peep's for a quick breakfast (mm mm). Then we got to the hospital, I took my Valium in the parking lot and then began drinking water like it was my job! Once there they just took my vitals, gave me a lovely gown to change into and then took us back to the transfer room at about 9am. Dr. Jarrett did do the procedure, thankfully, although he didn't look like he was staying long. He had on work out pants and a shirt when usually he has scrubs on. The biologist came in with the report of our embryos. We only had 2 fertilize and one had divided to 4 cell, the other to 7 cells. They were both graded a 2/4 which is considered good, but not great. They said they've still had a lot of pregnancies result from grade 2's. Here is the picture of our baby embryos.
We're praying at least one of them holds on!!!!!!! The procedure took about 5 minutes- just loading the embryos in a thin catheter and placing them directly in the uterus guided by an abdominal ultrasound. I then laid there for 5 minutes and then was able to get up, go the bathroom, get dressed and ready to leave. I then returned to the acupuncture clinic for a final treatment. With the help of the Valium I fell asleep on the treatment table. It was wonderful. We then came home to crash on the couch which is where I've been up to now. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend of nothingness. Lots of reading, movies etc. Thanks for all of your continued prayers. We're remaining hopeful. . . . . .

4 comments:

IndyBarnes said...

We'll pray for a relaxing weekend.

I like the picture of Chloe!

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Anonymous said...

wow, what if that's the very first picture of your kid! that would be SO cool! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, relaxing weekend of nothingness...yum. I believe you are doing everything you can on your end. Now just praying for the other side to come through. We love you guys and we miss you!

Soubeesou said...

Yeah! Praying for you. Love you both very much.