This morning the biologist called to inform of the fertilization at this point. So far only 2 show signs of fertilization. I was bummed that only 2 out of 6. There is the possibility that more could fertilize in the next day or so. But, now we're really praying that those 2 continue to divide and grow like they are supposed to. All it takes is one, but it's nerve racking to know we only have 2 to chose from and hopefully both of those mature to use them both.
The transfer is scheduled for 9am on Friday (5/9) and we have to be there by 7:45. Before that I will have an acupuncture treatment at 6:45 at the clinic just up the road. So, please pray for our embryos and their development. Pray for the transfer to go well, for me to stay relaxed and for one of them to stick!!!! Even though we may only have 1 or 2 to transfer back, I keep hearing God's voice telling me to trust Him. It's so hard! It's so easy to worry!
One thing that's been on my heart lately is just the sadness of having to go to this degree and this much stress to have a child. So many people can have children so easily and take that for granted. This kind of sadness is not one you can understand unless you've been there yourself. I have to remind myself when others are talking about their ease of having children etc. that it's not meant to be hurtful towards me. Sometimes being around moms and their babies or pregnant women is hard for me. Sometimes I just have to walk away and take a few deep breaths and remind myself that God has something good for me too. I just have to trust Him with that. You might call it jealousy or covetousness or whatever you wish, but it's real and it's hard to quite that feeling. But, we're praying that this will be our chance, our turn to have a child. We pray that God will bless that.
Proverbs 3:5 TRUST in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
2 comments:
oh amy... we're praying praying praying!
You have no clue how much this means to me right now. I totally understand and am facing the reality that I might be going down the path soon. Thank you for your honesty! Kara
Post a Comment