Today I had final blood work and found that my estradiol (estrogen) is now 2000 something. Ideal is around 1500, so I'm close. The first time around it was 6000. Not good. Anyway, everything is still a go for tomorrow morning. We are to arrive at 8am with the retrieval scheduled at 9:30. It basically goes like any other surgery. We'll go back to the prep room, change into an oh so lovely gown. Get the IV put in and wait until they take me back to the OR. Last time they let me walk in and lie down the table. I'll get a "cocktail" of meds to induce a conscious sedation (which basically feels like general anesthesia because I don't remember a thing). Then it's off to la la land while Dr. Jarrett retrieves the eggs via needle aspiration. We're praying for large number of mature eggs and that all fertilize well. Then, the transfer will happen on Friday (5/9) if all goes well. Unfortunately Dr. Schultz will do the transfer. She is Dr. Jarrett's partner and I'm sure she's good, but she's not MY Dr. Oh well. I'm sure it will be fine. Dr. Jarrett doesn't do the transfers on Fridays. . .
I'll let you know how things go in the next day or so. Thanks for the prayers!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment