I have had 3 appointments this past week for ultrasounds/blood work. This time the follicles are progressing nicely, but slowly. Which is fine considering what happened last time with the OVER stimulation. My last appointment was this Saturday. I had about 6 follicles on my left ovary and 3 on the right with many other small ones slowly progressing. And, the most important part, my hormone levels are right on where they should be. The nurse talked to Dr. Jarrett and then called me later in the day. Dr. Jarrett is pleased with the progress and believes I'm ready to go ahead with the egg retrieval on Tuesday (5/6). So, I was instructed to give myself the HCG injections tonight at 9:30 to mature the eggs and prepare them for ovulation. The timing on the shot has to be exact because the retrieval will happen exactly 36 hours later and ovulation would occur by 40 hours. So, he has to get them out before they ovulate on their own. Tomorrow morning I go in for my "Pre-Op" appointment to discuss paperwork and what to do on Tuesday and I have final blood work taken. So, we're please that everything seems to be progressing on schedule.
I am now officially DONE with shots. YEAH!!!!!! All I would have left as far as meds is progesterone as a pill or suppository (ugh). The only other needle sticks I have left are the blood draw tomorrow, the IV with the retrieval and the needle aspiration of the eggs. Oh, and one more acupuncture the day of transfer. OK, I guess that is still a lot of needles. See what I mean about being a pin cushion?????? Oh well, it will all be worth it to have a baby at the end!
We've been working like crazy on our yard with planting, transplanting, mulching etc. because I know as of this week. . . . my butt is going to be planted in a chair for a few weeks. That won't be all bad. I'll enjoy sitting outside (hopefully) reading and spending some time relaxing, praying etc. It will be a good thing.
1 comment:
thanks for the update... we're praying hard and believing with you!!
Post a Comment