Monday, April 28, 2008

FSH shots

Well, so far the "big" FSH shots haven't been too bad. It helps that Dr. Jarrett decreased my dose by about 1/2 from what it was the first time. So, there is less medication to push through the tiny needle and it takes less time to mix etc. So, I'm pleasantly surprised. I do notice though that I have some adhesions/scar tissue from the previous numerous injections in my belly. There are some areas where the needle does not go in easily and it hurts like crazy. So I'm trying to avoid those spots. I'm running out of good spots. . . .

I have my first ultrasound/bloodwork tomorrow after starting the FSH to get an idea of how things are progressing. Hopefully we're on track. Please pray toward that end! :)

I've also had another acupuncture treatment last week. It's interesting. I don't really feel any different after it's done, but hoping that my hormones etc. are responding will to it. Although, I did come home from it this last week and felt inspired to do some cleaning out and organization. Curtis said, "we'll have to send you to do the acupuncture more often." Very funny.

This is a stressful process despite TRYING to say relaxed. Just the waiting, wondering what's going to happen next, how am I going to respond, will the eggs develop well, will the eggs fertilize etc.. . .. . it's so easy to get into a pattern of worrying. I'm just praying for God to calm my heart and teach me to trust Him over and over again. He knows what is in store and we know it's GOOD. Oh, if only I could teach my heart to know that and give up worrying about it! I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

IndyBarnes said...

I'm glad things are at least a little easier this time around. Hang in there.