Friday, May 23, 2008

2nd test results

I finally got my results from my 2nd blood test. I went in this morning before work. Typically they call between 2-3pm. The whole afternoon I was anxious waiting to hear back. I worked today, but was very distracted waiting on this call. It soon became after 3pm and they hadn't called yet. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack waiting. I called the office requesting that the nurse call me ASAP. Finally she called about 3:30. My levels didn't completely double coming back at 360 when we were hoping for 400ish. But, she said she checked with Dr. Jarrett and he was still pleased with the numbers. It was a 73% increase and he likes to see at least 60%. So, despite some anxiety about the numbers, it appears that everything is ok thus far and I am officially pregnant. :) :) The progesterone levels came back high which is a good thing. I am now scheduled for my first OB ultrasound on June 2nd. This should indicate a yolk sac and possibly a heartbeat. If there isn't a heartbeat yet, we'll do another ultrasound a week later to make sure there is. We are definitely excited, but still cautious. We want to see a healthy ultrasound before we start to relax about all this. I have read a lot and talked to a lot of people which makes me anxious. Those that do IVF do have a slightly higher miscarriage risk primarily because positive pregnancy is determined way earlier than "normal" pregnancies. We are definitely still having to put our trust in God and his protection. This whole IVF thing is so anxiety provoking even after getting a positive result. Whew. Will my heart every slow down? It's definitely continuing to teach us to trust God and not to fear. He has this little embryo in His hands and we have to trust him with that. Thanks so much for all of your encouragement, prayers and well wishes!!!!

4 comments:

IndyBarnes said...

I'm glad to hear more good news.

Anonymous said...

we're still praying for peace for you and curtis... and continued good reports! this is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! WE are still continuing to pray for you and the baby (or babies)! :) Hopefuly soon we will have more good news and we can all truly celebrate! Marla

amdischler said...

So glad to hear all is still progressig well. We'll continue to keep you both in our earnest prayers.