Monday, June 16, 2008

2nd OB Ultrasound


Today I returned for my 2nd US. Dr. Jarrett again did the ultrasound. He said everything looks perfect. We could see the heartbeat and even HEAR it at 160bpm!!!You can see the heart rhythm in the bottom left picture. You can even see the beginnings of arm and leg buds to the sides of the blob looking thing. According to the picture I noticed it dated me at 8 weeks exactly, but he gave me a due date of January 29th. Well, either way, we're due the last week in January. :) Yeah!!!!! So far I've been feeling awesome. Can't complain. No nausea, no extreme fatigue. . . . the only appreciable symptom is increased hunger that can become an "I'm so hungry, I don't feel good feeling", but no nausea. Even the breast tenderness has begun to subside. Initially I was worried that I wasn't "feeling" pregnant, but it was nice to confirm that all is well even if I don't feel much different. Dr. Jarrett officially released me from his care today. Typically he would see me one more time in 2 weeks, but he said he would be out of town and doesn't feel that I need to come in again as everything is looking good. So, I'm officially released to see my OB/Gyn. :) And, even my ovaries which were the size of grapefruits 2 weeks ago, have calmed down to normal size so my restrictions are lifted- although still to be cautious. We are so excited and continue to be more so with each confirmation that this is real and everything looks fine. This has been such an answer to prayer, a miracle from God. We are so truly grateful and blessed! I'll keep posting with new updates and pictures. . . .

4 comments:

IndyBarnes said...

That is wonderful! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Christy said...

I'm so happy things are going well and that you're not feeling too badly! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay! great news! it's real, this is it! God is faithful! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

We are so very very happy and praise God for His goodness! We can hardly wait to see and hold your wee one!
Mom and Pops