Today I had a post-consultation appointment to discuss the events of last month. Dr. Jarrett reviewed how everything went and emphasized how surprised he was at how well I responded to the meds. He said he's never seen anything like it. He's never seen someone with severe endometriosis having just had laparoscopic surgery with removal of a 4 cm cyst respond so well. BUT as well all know, I over responded. He also discussed how the embryos were a very good quality, but for whatever reason did not implant. He asked if we planned to do this again to which we responded, Yes. I also asked if, given what he knows about me now, if I could qualify for the Shared Risk plan. He said I would!!! Basically this means we would pay about 20k for up to 3 more tries and if it doesn't work or we decide to back out, we'll get 75% of our money back. Initially I did not qualify for this because he predicted me to respond poorly to the meds. So, that is definitely good news. At least it takes off some of the finanical burden. . . although, who am I kidding? 20K is still a crap load of money. But, at least if it didn't work, we could apply some of it towards adoption.
Anyway, here we go again. I'll start the meds again in April and the retrival/transfer will likely happen around the 1st week of May.
We hope this will work this time. This whole process gets very exhausting and we feel like our life is almost "on hold" while going through it. It even gets exhausting talking and thinking about it all the time. So, please use this blog as a means to keep up to date on our events if you are interested and/or wish to partner with us in prayer about it. I'd really rather not repeat myself over and over about what is going on.
Thanks again for your interest and prayer.
2 comments:
thanks for the update... i keep checking to see if there are more. this is a great way to keep everyone up-to-date without having to email everyone over and over. great idea!
Amy,
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Good Luck this month!
As always, both you and Curtis are in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment