Saturday, May 9, 2009

A year ago today. . . .

Exactly a year ago today, our little Braden was transferred into my womb as one of the two embryos below. Which one? We'll never know. The past few days I've been pondering the miracle of his creation and the events we were going through a year ago. It's mind boggling to consider the miracle of his life. We look back and feel oh so blessed that God has given Braden to us to raise. As of this past Thursday, he is 15 weeks old. What a transformation from a year ago! He continues to become more and more interactive. Right now as I type this, he is laying on his play mat beside me cooing up a storm, as well as having hiccups and kicking at the toys hanging from the top of the mat. He's the cutest thing ever!!!

As of 3 weeks ago on April 20th, I started back to work part time. The first week was hard, but continues to get easier. I know he is in good hands with my sister, Cara.

I'm continuing to attend a Breastfeeding support group once a week on Wednesdays. I'm glad I found out about it. They have a scale so we can track our baby's weight gain and a lactation consultant runs the class making rounds to answer any questions that we have and talk about common topics of concern. I'm also making a couple friends with other new mommys. As of last Wednesday, Braden weighed 11 lb 3 oz. He's still little compared to most babies his age, but we're making progress. Considering mine and Curtis' size, he'll probably just always be a little small, but that's ok. :)

Braden has been sleeping awesome at night usually 9-10 hrs and going 10-11 hrs between feedings. He's now nursing usually 5-6 times per day with his last feeding around 8-9 o'clock. It's great!!! Naps don't always go as well, but most of the time he does ok sleeping 45min to an hr.

I feel so blessed to BE a mother for this Mother's Day. I guess I technically WAS pregnant last Mother's Day, but didn't know it yet. Praise God for his grace and mercy!!!!


Braden is one of those beautiful embryos. . . .
Our happy smiling boy! Don't you think he looks like Curtis here?

Braden loves playing with and chewing on his lovey bear. It's too cute!
This darn head is so heavy . . .

2 comments:

tiffanie said...

how encouraging! and what a beautiful miracle! i'm so so happy for you and curtis! what a wonderful outcome to a difficult time. he's a perfect, adorable cutie!

Debbie Hufferd said...

Oh What a difference a year makes! He is doll...what a blessing!