A journey through our IVF cycles and the pin cushion I became with numerous self injections, blood draws, procedures etc. And now. . . the journery through parenthood!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
TRANSFER TODAY!!!!!
This morning we arrived at Clarion North at 7:45. I took my valium in the parking lot as instructed. I then began drinking my 2 bottles of water to fill up my bladder to assure a clear ulrasound picture. We were taken back to the prep room to get a gown on, sign paperwork etc. By the time they came to take me back I was feeling a little loopy. Kinda felt like I'd had a couple glasses of wine. Curtis came back with me as well. We were taken to a room with a nice exam table with stir-ups. The biologist came in with Dr. Jarrett to show us the pictures of the embryos. He decided to transfer 3, 2 at the 4 cell stage, 1 at the 2 cell stage that were looking very good quality. I will try to scan a picture in later. The last embryo she said had not divided any further and was beginning to "fragment" and would be discarded. Dr. Jarrett positioned me, and then with an abdominal ultrasound he guided the catheter in to deposit the embryos. The procedure took less than 10 minutes total. I then had to lie still for 5 minutes and was then free to get up and go back to my prep room to get dressed. After a final vital sign check we were free to go. On the way home I was falling asleep in the car from the valium and came home and immediately crashed on the couch. And here I stay for a couple days. Now the wait begins . . . . I return for a pregnancy test on February 20th. Thank you all for your continued prayers!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds easy enough. We'll step it up a notch on the prayers. We'll also pray you stay busy enough to keep your mind off things as best you can.
exciting! exciting! we're still praying! that it won't be a super long 2 week wait!
So far so good! That was the easy part! The next two weeks will be the tough part. Keep up on those shots and get plenty of rest... Keep you angel close...she will look after you!
Are you bored yet? : ) Hope you have lots of movies to watch! Books, magazines, sleeping...
We'll be praying that the next 2 weeks fly by.
Post a Comment